Advising for Dual-Credit Students
Thomas More is committed to making sure that high school students who are enrolled or thinking about enrolling in our dual-credit program are taking courses that are best suited to the needs of the student.
Are you curious about exploring a particular major?
We’ve partnered with campus departments to develop Dual-Credit pathways. Students interested in exploring one of these areas may wish to enroll in a pathway to get up to 12 hours toward a major completed, depending on the pathway. Please click on a pathway below to read more about the pathway, pre-requisites, and courses.
Are you planning to take a course online or on campus?
Please email email@example.com to ask any advising questions and/or set up an appointment to discuss your course options.
Prior to discussing your course options, please prepare the following information:
- Any AP scores you have
- A list of high school courses/credits you need to fulfill
- Any transcripts/schedules showing dual-credit taken at other colleges
- A list of any courses your school does not want you to take
- The day/times you are available to take a course(s)
- Your planned major
- What college(s) you want to attend
Are you taking (or have you taken) other dual-credit classes at Gateway, NKU, and/or another college?
- You’ll want to send an official copy of your college/university’s transcript to Thomas More’s Office of the Registrar upon completion of your course(s).
- Are you taking classes toward an Associate’s Degree at Boone County Early College?
- Connect with your Gateway Advisor, Chris Stout
- Are you taking classes toward an Associate’s Degree at Ignite Institute?
- Connect with your Gateway Advisor, Heather Anderson