Dual Credit Program
The Thomas More University Dual Credit Program offers eligible high school students the opportunity to take college courses at a reduced tuition rate while exposing them to college rigor, Thomas More’s culture and so much more. The Dual Credit Program collaborates with multiple Tri-State schools to encourage intellectual growth and benefit the students in the Program. We offer this program to dual credit students who are taking courses at their high school campuses and early admission students who come to Thomas More’s campus for their courses.
- Dual Credit: Students take courses on their high school campuses (i.e. Boone County High School, Notre Dame Academy)
- Early Admission Program (EAP): Students take courses on Thomas More’s campus in Crestview Hills, KY
- Dual credit & EAP students are permitted to take up to thirteen (13) credit hours per semester and cannot take more than THIRTY (30) credit hours from Thomas More throughout their high school
- Face to face and online classes are available on Thomas More University’s campus. If a student would like to take an online class, they must apply as an Early Admission Program (EAP) student to register for classes. Not all Thomas More classes are offered online and class offerings may change each semester.
- Face to face course offerings vary by high school. Courses offered for the upcoming semester are listed on the application. Please ask your high school counselor about courses specific to your high school.
- Classes for the 2020-2021 academic year cost $72 per credit hour ($216 per 3-credit course).
- Students may pay for your dual credit classes by check or on-line by credit card. Payment is due the first day of class each semester. The KY Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA) offers a scholarship for Kentucky high school students who enter a dual credit program.
- Students may apply for a dual credit scholarship through the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA). Scholarship funds will be disbursed from KHEAA no sooner than mid- October for fall semester classes and mid-February forspring semester Once scholarship funds have been disbursed, recipients of scholarship funds will be refunded.
- In order to Register for dual credit courses through Thomas More:
- Complete the on-line Application Form
- Submit the Disclosure Statement (required) and FERPA Waiver (optional)
- Your high school counselor will submit a copy of your high school
- Students may request transcripts using the Request Transcript page.
- Students having technical issues, may contact our IT Help Desk at 859-344-3646.