Transfer Students Admission Requirements
For admission to Thomas More University, students with 12+ transferable credit hours must:
- Submit the Thomas More University Application for Admission
- Earn a 2.0 cumulative grade point average or higher at the previous, post-secondary institution(s)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended, whether credit was earned or not
For admission to Thomas More University, students with less than 12 transferable credits must meet the minimum requirements for entering first-year students and must submit:
- Thomas More University accepts credits from any post-secondary degree-granting institution of higher education accredited by one of the six Regional Accrediting Associations.
- Credits will be reviewed and/or accepted if a student carries a grade of C- or better (1.667) in their completed courses.
- Courses not awarded credit by the student’s previous institution(s) cannot be transferred.
- Courses taken at post-secondary institutions of higher education not accredited by one of the six Regional Accrediting Associations will be considered on an individual basis.
Transfer Credit Limits
Thomas More has set acceptable limits to the number of transferable credit hours for Bachelors and Associate degrees and certificates:
Extra-Institutional Learning Credits
Thomas More University accepts some extra-institutional learning credit based on the recommendation of the American Council on Education (ACE). Extra-Institutional Learning includes, but is not limited to: ACE, RECALL, CLEP, Dantes, Challenge Test, and credit for work or professional training, including military training.
Full transfer policies are available in the Catalog or on the Registrar webpage.