Student and Parent Loans
Once students file their FAFSA, they may be eligible for three federal loans: the Direct Unsubsidized Loan, Direct Subsidized Loan, and Parent PLUS Loan.
Direct Student Loan
- Almost all students are eligible for a Direct Loan.
- Amounts range from $5,500-$20,500, depending on grade level and dependency status.
- Interest on the loans is fixed and may be subsidized or unsubsidized.
- Direct Subsidized Stafford Loans have a 4.99 percent interest rate; Direct Unsubsidized Loans have a 4.99 percent interest rate (6.54 percent for graduate students).
- Repayment begins six months after a student graduates or ceases to be enrolled at least half-time.
- Click here to apply for a Direct Loan.
Parent PLUS Loan
- Parents borrow money for their students.
- Parents must pass a credit check to receive the loan. If a parent is denied, the student will be eligible for more Direct Unsubsidized Loan funds.
- Interest is unsubsidized and fixed at 7.54 percent.
- Borrowers may choose to begin repayment immediately or six months after their student graduates or cease to be enrolled at least half-time.
- Click here to apply for a Parent PLUS Loan.
Apply for Loans
Alternative and Private Parent Loans