Dual Credit Eligibility
Dual Credit Program Eligibility
The Dual Credit Program is open to junior or senior high school students who:
- Have submitted a high school transcript showing the student has completed 2 units of English, 2 units of Science, 2 units of Mathematics and 2 units in Social Studies;
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or better in the above units;
- Meet the following ACT benchmarks: Math/22, Reading/20, English/18 (ACT scores apply to the courses the students want to take) CERT scores will be used for students who have not taken the ACT;
- Have submitted a completed application and a high school transcript and disclosure form;
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA in Thomas More University Early Admission and Dual Credit courses to continue in the program.
STUDENTS NOT MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS MAY BE ADMITTED TO THE PROGRAM WITH THE JOINT APPROVAL OF THE PROVOST AT THOMAS MORE UNIVERSITY (OR DESIGNEE) AND THE STUDENT’S HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELOR.
Once enrolled in the Dual Credit Program, to register for subsequent semesters a student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 in Thomas More courses. This requirement is set up to assist students in meeting the goal of successfully earning college credit at the high school level.