Thomas More University is serious about making spiritual growth a top priority in order to educate the whole person: mind, body, and soul. Accordingly, Thomas More University Campus Ministry makes available prayer, presence, and programming to students, faculty, and staff in accompanying them on their journey to reach their full human potential. While maintaining a Catholic identity, Campus Ministry embraces the mission of Thomas More, which is as follows:
Thomas More University is the Catholic Liberal Arts University of the Diocese of Covington, Kentucky. Inspired by the Catholic Intellectual Tradition, we challenge students of all faiths to examine the ultimate meaning of life, their place in the world, and their responsibility to others.
There is something for every student here at Thomas More.
The following types of programs are available:
- Retreats: Fall and Spring, sponsored by Campus Ministry
- Interfaith/ Ecumenical Prayer Programs (i.e. 9/11 Prayer for Peace)
- Faith-Formation Studies (i.e. Bible Study)
- Service Programs (i.e. Redwood, Habitat for Humanity)
- Social Outreach (i.e. taking hikes or going bowling)
- Peer Athletic Ministry Programs (i.e. pick-up game of Flag Football)
- Thomas More Saints for Life: March for Life, DC (by bus every year)
- FOCUS (Fellowship of Catholic University Students: SEEK; SLS: Student Leadership Summit)
- Agape Latte: Faith-Filled Conversation over Coffee, 2 times per semester; Staff/ Faculty member speaker, 3o minutes talk/ 30 minutes Q & A
- Faculty/ Staff weekly Biblical Prayer Meetings: 7:30 am to 8:30 am, Wednesdays
Catholic identity is vibrant on campus: Mary, Seat of Wisdom Chapel
The Thomas More chapel, Mary, Seat of Wisdom, now just over five years old, is the literal geographic center of campus. As explained during on-campus tours for prospective students: “we build on Jesus.” He is literally and figuratively at the center of campus. Many students, faculty, staff, alumni, and campus visitors spend time in the chapel anytime from early morning until late at night. A 24/7 meditation room is available in a secure environment.
The Mass Schedule at Mary, Seat of Wisdom is as Follows:
Sunday Mass: 8 p.m. (during the academic year)
Daily Mass: 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Holy Days of Obligation: 12:30 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Sacrament of Reconciliation: 7:15 – 7:45 p.m., Sundays or by appointment with Chaplain Msgr. Gerald Twaddell
Eucharistic Adoration: Every Monday, 1 – 4 p.m.; the Sacrament of Reconciliation will be offered at the end of Adoration from 3:30 – 4 p.m.
Relax, Be Inspired, Drink Coffee.
Agape Latte is a monthly series where we invite a faculty or staff member to share a personal story of where their life and spirituality intersect over coffee and snacks. Students of all beliefs attend and are able to share and engage in our community where you find common grounds.