Financial Aid for Accelerated and Graduate Programs

Financial Aid for College: Accelerated and Graduate Programs

Taking the next step in your career should feel exciting, not daunting. At Thomas More University, we understand that going back to school, changing careers, or earning another degree is no small decision, especially when it comes to finances. Whether you’re enrolling in higher education for the first time or returning for an advanced degree, we want to equip you with the financial aid for college that you need to get ahead. That way, you can focus on what matters most: achieving your goals.

Empowering you to pursue your passion with personalized financial aid for college

The central goals in our accelerated, graduate, and professional programs are to instill confidence in our students—and make college as stress-free as possible. That’s why our office of financial aid considers the individual circumstances of each accelerated and graduate student, offering personalized financial aid packages that help make a college degree both affordable and attainable.

For more information on cost of attendance please visit our Estimated Cost of Attendance page.

Grants for College Students and Other Types of Financial Aid 

As a small, private university, Thomas More University provides exclusive experiences that you can take with you long after graduation. However, we strive to balance that exclusivity with affordability, flexibility, and personalization. We’re proud to be one of the most cost-effective private universities in Kentucky and the Cincinnati, Ohio area—according to a recent Georgetown University report, our university was named a top school in Kentucky for ROI. In addition to keeping our tuition relatively low and prioritizing your ROI, we offer several types of financial aid for college to help you make an investment in yourself and your career:

  • Grants: State or federal financial aid for college that you don’t have to pay back.
  • Loans: Private or federal aid that must be paid back after graduation.
  • Tuition reimbursement: Compensation for college-level courses or continuing education from an employer.
  • Veterans benefits: Tuition coverage earned in active duty with the U.S. military.
  • Other financial assistance: Employer scholarships, teacher education assistance, Kentucky financial aid, and grants for college students.

Advisors from the office of financial aid will work with you to create a personalized financial aid package based on your individual eligibility, financial circumstances, transfer credits, and other factors. 

An affordable, accelerated education

Master of Business Administration


A recent Georgetown University report named Thomas More University one of the top schools in Kentucky for ROI (return on investment).

The federal government offers several grants for college students based on financial need, high school grades and achievements, or military service. These include:

  • Pell Grants: Grants for college students with exceptional financial need who have not yet earned a degree.
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants: Similar to Pell Grants, these grants for college students are awarded based on financial need.
  • Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grants: Awarded to undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in teaching programs for high-need areas.
  • Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants: Offered to students whose parent or guardian served in Iraq or Afghanistan and died during service.

The federal government provides additional guidance on how to get student loans if you demonstrate financial need. Or, you can visit your bank for more advice on how to get student loans privately.

Applying to receive grants for college students and federal loans is easy, and our office of financial aid is here to help every step of the way. To file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), have the following items ready:

  • Your social security number
  • Your driver’s license or state ID
  • Recent bank statements
  • W2s and tax returns from up to 2 years ago (you may use an estimated income, but we may ask you to verify your income upon acceptance)
  • Thomas More University’s federal school code: 002001

Apply for financial aid from the federal government or contact us at 859-344-3333 or to learn how to get student loans for accelerated and graduate programs.

The state of Kentucky also offers several opportunities for financial assistance. Kentucky financial aid includes the following scholarships and grants for college students:

  • Kentucky Tuition Grant: Provides need-based financial aid for attending eligible private colleges.
  • College Access Program Grant: Provides aid to students with financial need for attending public, private, and technical colleges.
  • Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship: Awarded to students who earn at least a 2.5 GPA each year of attendance at a certified Kentucky high school.
  • Kentucky National Guard Tuition Award Program: Awarded to members of the Kentucky National Guard seeking their first undergraduate degree.

Kentucky Air National Guard Education Assistance: Members of the Kentucky Air National Guard may be awarded up to $317 in financial aid for college each month for 36 months (eligibility requirements apply).

Many employers provide tuition reimbursement as a benefit of working with their company. If your employer offers tuition reimbursement for college courses or degrees, we will allow you to pay for your course after you receive reimbursement from your employer. This is different from other colleges and universities and, we hope, a helpful form of assistance to our students.

Thomas More University is proud of its long-standing relationship with the those who have courageously served our country and are here to provide access to the education and benefits you have earned. We participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program, which helps you pay for private or graduate school that the Post 9/11 GI Bill doesn’t cover.

To qualify to receive financial aid for college through the Yellow Ribbon Program, you must meet the following criteria:

  • Have served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months.
  • Was honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001.
  • Is a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.