Our mission is to provide a system of services that guide and teaches students the process of career development for the purpose of effective career decision making.
Our aim is to:
- Help students identify career goals by clarifying their interests, abilities, and career options via coaching and exploration
- Teach students job hunting strategies while assisting them in their job search
- Support students and faculty to complete the experiential learning requirement
- Educate students about graduate and professional school options
The Republic Bank Foundation’s Institute for Career Development and Graduate School Planning (ICG)
Virtual Services for Career and Graduate School
Virtual Student Services
The Republic Bank Foundation’s ICG staff recognize the challenges that the new routine of remote learning presents to our campus. We are still available to support our students and can provide many of our services virtually.
We miss seeing you daily and pray for the health of your family and your success in the weeks ahead.
Currently, the Institute has transitioned all in-person appointments to online or telephone appointments which can be scheduled with Samantha Palmer through Handshake. Follow these steps to connect with Samantha:
- Log in to Handshake at thomasmore.joinhandshake.com using the same credentials that you use for myTMU or your email account.
- Click on “Career Services” in the main menu.
- Click on “Appointments”.
- Choose the type of appointment you wish and a time that suits your schedule.
- You will receive a confirmation email when the appointment is accepted by the ICG.
Career Development Resources During COVID-19
In addition to our traditional career resources, the ICG has updated this list to include sources that indicate employers that are still hiring during this time, best practices for connecting virtually for interviewing, networking, and informational interviewing, and planning for your future in practical ways. Click here for those resources.