- Accelerated. Finish your degree in as few as 15 months.
- Online. Balance work, family, and other commitments with the flexibility of an online program.
- More Career Options. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates the growth in nursing jobs between 2018 and 2028 to be over 12%, which is much higher than average. Magnet hospitals and academic health centers also now require or prefer nurses with bachelor’s degrees. The National Advisory Council on Nurse Education and Practice (NACNEP) calls for at least two-thirds of the nurse workforce to hold baccalaureate or higher degrees in nursing.
- More Growth in Salary. Payscale estimates an average salary for nurses with a BSN at $84K per year, while the salary average for RNs is $66k per year. A potential of an $18k per year increase in salary is worth the investment for you and your family.
- More Care for your Patients. According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), continued education by nurses enhances both clinical competency and patient care.
- Grow Professional Skills. A Thomas More University‘s Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-to-BSN) degree empowers Registered Nurses (RNs) to grow their professional skills, allowing them to take on more complex leadership roles within their organizations.
- Excel in Healthcare. Professionals who hold a bachelor‘s degree in nursing excel in the healthcare field because they are ready to meet the challenges within their organizations both independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Personalized Attention. Our RN to BSN program provides personalized attention to each student through strong one-on-one faculty relationships, where you can reach your full potential as a Healthcare Hero while continuing to work full-time.
- Clear completion plan. With the help of our personal advisors, you will know exactly what courses to take when to take them and have a graduation date mapped out for you.
- Professors with practical experience. Our professors stay up to date in their field. Many of them are nurses and leaders in the healthcare industry.
To learn more, contact your personal enrollment coach today!
Telephone: 859-344-3333 or Email: RN2BSN@thomasmore.edu
What Are the Admission Requirements?
- Submit a completed RN to BSN application form to the Department of Nursing by the appropriate deadline. Application forms may be obtained from the Department of Nursing.
- Provide proof of an associate degree in nursing from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Hold a current unencumbered RN license from the state of employment of residence. Students will be required to hold an unencumbered RN license in the state they plan to complete their clinical requirements.
- Earned a grade of ‘C’ or higher in all prerequisite courses.
- Complete the health and academic file requirements as outlined in the RN to BSN handbook.
NOTE: There are several health, academic, and other requirements outlined in detail in the Nursing Student Handbook that all nursing students must complete as required. The Department of Nursing faculty reserves the right to limit the number of students in a clinical course to meet requirements of the State Board of Nursing and requirements of the clinical specialty areas.
Thomas more accelerated & Graduate Programs office
365 Thomas More Parkway
Crestview Hills, KY 41017