Thomas More University is serious about making spiritual growth a top priority in order to educate the whole person: mind, body, and soul. Accordingly, Thomas More University Campus Ministry makes available prayer, presence, and programming to students, faculty, and staff in accompanying them on their journey to reach their full human potential. While maintaining a Catholic identity, Campus Ministry embraces the mission of Thomas More, which is as follows:
Thomas More University is the Catholic Liberal Arts University of the Diocese of Covington, Kentucky. Inspired by the Catholic Intellectual Tradition, we challenge students of all faiths to examine the ultimate meaning of life, their place in the world, and their responsibility to others.
There is something for every student here at Thomas More. The following types of programs are available:
- Retreats: Fall and Spring, sponsored by Campus Ministry
- Interfaith/ Ecumenical Prayer Programs (i.e. 9/11 Prayer for Peace)
- Faith-Formation Studies (i.e. Bible Study)
- Service Programs (i.e. Redwood, Habitat for Humanity)
- Social Outreach (i.e. taking hikes or going bowling)
- Peer Athletic Ministry Programs (i.e. pick-up game of Flag Football)
- Thomas More Saints for Life: March for Life, DC (by bus every year)
- FOCUS (Fellowship of Catholic University Students: SEEK; SLS: Student Leadership Summit)
- Agape Latte: Faith-Filled Conversation over Coffee, 2 times per semester; Staff/ Faculty member speaker, 3o minutes talk/ 30 minutes Q & A
- “Lunch with Padre” on Wednesday’s in Seiler Commons: Fr. Michael Hennigen, vocations committee member, or Fr. Andrew Young, Vocations Promoter, are available in Seiler Commons to speak with between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm. During this time, people can relax, eat and socialize.
- Faculty/ Staff weekly Biblical Prayer Meetings: 7:30 am to 8:30 am, Wednesdays