The Thomas More University College of Business is dedicated to providing students with a high-quality education that integrates values into everything the college does. Through a commitment to personalized attention, students are challenged to discover their purpose and use the knowledge they have learned to become leaders who make a difference in the world.
Graduates from the College of Business earn degrees in accounting, business administration, and information systems. Here is an overview of the degree options available within each of these departments:
Organizations must rely on employees who have the highest integrity in accounting principles. The accountancy curriculum within the College of Business uniquely blends a values-based education, with exceptional accountancy studies to support ethical standards. Accounting majors also benefit from experiential learning opportunities with firms that often lead to full-time positions following graduation. Through the comprehensive curriculum, students learn essential knowledge and skills that surpass the course requirements recommended by professional organizations and mandated by many State Boards of Accountancy. The accounting program is also separately accredited by the ACBSP (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs), a mark of distinction reserved for only the highest quality accountancy programs in the nation. All undergraduate accounting students have the option to minor in business administration, making them even more marketable and prepared for the future.
the department of business offers the following programs
- Bachelor of Arts in Business (BABA), designed to provide students with skills needed for entry-level positions in government, business, and non-profit organizations
- Bachelor of Arts in Sports & Entertainment Marketing (SEM), designed to prepare students for career and leadership opportunities in sports business and recreational management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), a flexible and accelerated program for busy working professionals designed to develop critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), a flexible and accelerated program designed to provide a competitive edge, foster professional relationships, and help with career progression
- 4+1 MBA is designed to fast-track traditional undergraduate students who want both a traditional undergraduate degree and an MBA degree in five years. Click here for more information | APPLY to the 4+1 program
- Business administration, a minor is often chosen by accounting, information systems, and some liberal arts majors
- Supply chain management, designed to prepare students for careers in logistics and supply chain management.
With a broad-based curriculum taught by professors with real-world experience, students learn theoretical and practical concepts they can apply immediately in their work roles and following graduation. Concentrations include management, marketing, finance, and human resources, which provide a competitive advantage in high-demand fields. ACBSP accreditation of our business programs ensures that the highest quality and current educational standards are met.
With the rapid advancements and changing nature of technology, organizations need employees who can leverage the power of information systems. To prepare students for the significant growth in this area, the College of Business offers four-degree options within the Information Systems department: A Bachelor of Arts in computer information systems and management information systems, and an Associate of Arts in computer information systems and web design. Through a hands-on curriculum, and experiential learning, students will learn the principles of understanding user interface development, programming, database design, database management and navigation, information generation, and ethical privacy protection. More importantly, information systems students will develop a passion for lifelong learning, to help them stay up to date and marketable for years to come. Information systems majors also have the option to minor in business administration or accounting.
The College of Business recognizes that the global world organizations operate within is dynamic and changing. Along with the degree they earn from the College of Business, students will develop themselves as responsible professionals who understand the value of culture and diversity in the workplace. All of the programs within the College of Business are also accredited by SACSCOC, to meet the highest quality and integrity standards.
Opportunities for College of Business students extend across for-profit and nonprofit organizations. Leaders value TMU College of Business graduates because of the focus on educating the entire person; teaching essential skills, such as professional communication, teamwork, and critical thinking, that go well beyond the classroom. Full-time undergraduates learn real-world skills by participating in experiential learning as a requirement for graduation. Study abroad opportunities are also for graduate and undergraduate students who seek to gain a better understanding in becoming a global business leader.