You will apply to Thomas More University as a first-year student if you have not yet graduated from high school or have not completed a full semester of college after high school. Your high school guidance counselor and Thomas More enrollment counselor will work with you to complete the application process below.
To be considered for admission to Thomas More, please submit your:
- APPLICATION: Submit the free Admissions and Scholarship Application online
- HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT: Ask your high school guidance office to submit your transcript to Thomas More University’s Office of Enrollment. We accept transcripts by mail and electronic services such as Parchment, eScrip-Safe, Naviance, Overgrad, and Scoir. Your transcript is not required to show any standardized test scores (ACT/SAT/CLT), but we will accept them if they are included.
For Fall 2021, Thomas More University has implemented a test-optional admissions policy for first-year applicants.
After a holistic review of your application materials, your enrollment counselor may issue your acceptance letter or contact you to request additional documents in support of your application. Your options for potential supporting documents include:
- ACT/SAT/CLT score
- Letter(s) of recommendation from a teacher, principal, or coach
- Personal resume showing your work history and/or extracurricular activities
- 1-page personal statement explaining your background and desire for admission to Thomas More University
Nursing Program Policy
First-year students admitted without a test score as pre-nursing majors will have the option of either completing their degree in five academic years or taking the TEAS exam (Test of Essential Academic Skills). A TEAS score of 72 or above qualifies the test-optional student for the four-year nursing degree plan.
Students admitted with a standardized test score must have a minimum of a 20 ACT/1030 SAT/66 CLT to qualify for the four-year plan. Those with scores below these minimum composites will pursue the five-year degree plan.
Information for Submitting Optional Test Scores
- Thomas More University ACT code: 1560
Thomas More University SAT code: 1876
Thomas More University does not superscore.
Pre-College Curriculum High School Units*
The following high school credits are required for entrance to Thomas More University:
- English: 4 credits
- Foreign Language: 2 credits
- Social Studies: 3 credits
- Mathematics: 3 credits
- Science: 3 credits
- Arts Appreciation: 1 credit
- Computer Literacy: 1 credit
*Applicants who do not fulfill these requirements may still be admitted at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
Test-Optional Frequently Asked Questions
How will you view my application if I do not submit a test score?
It will not reflect negatively on your application if you refrain from submitting a test score. We assess every student’s application on a range of factors, including but not limited to GPA, community involvement, school official recommendations, and extracurricular activities. If you choose not to send us a test score, we will lean more heavily on your high school academic record in making your admission decision.
How do I know whether I should submit a test score?
Submitting a test score is always your choice. If you feel your scores reflect well on your academic strengths, we encourage you to submit them as part of your application. If your enrollment counselor determines based on a holistic review that you should provide us with additional materials, you will be contacted and given the option of submitting supporting documents. Options for supporting documents include test scores, a letter of recommendation, a resume, and a personal