To apply to Thomas More University, please submit the following documents:
- Thomas More Application
- Transcripts from any secondary (high school) and post-secondary (university) institutions you have attended. These transcripts will need to be in English and interpreted for the 4.0 grade point average (GPA). Thomas More University accepts transcripts evaluated by InCred (secondary/high school only) and World Education Services (both high school and university).
- English Proficiency Tests (TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo)
- Internet-based: 70 (minimum score of 17 in each section)
- Paper-Based: 520 (minimum score of 35 in each section)
- 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 on each section)
- Minimum score of 50
- *Thomas More University TOEFL Destination (DI)/Institution Code: 1876
- ACT and/or SAT scores (Strongly Recommended) – Please submit if you have taken the ACT/SAT
You will also need to submit documentation for the Designated School Official (DSO) to create the Form I-20 in SEVIS for you. You will use the Form I-20 to apply for an F-1 visa to study in the United States.
The documents required for the Form I-20 are:
- Proof of immunization (see Immunization Form and Medical History) and copies of your medical and immunization records. Your records will remain confidential.
- Proof of health insurance (see Health Insurance Instructions)
- Students may provide proof that their current home country insurance plan will cover their stay in the United States, or they can purchase a health insurance plan in the United States. Thomas More University recommends enrolling with International Student Insurance.
- Proof of financial support (see Financial Certification Form)–you must show how you will pay for tuition, fees, room and board, health insurance and daily living expenses each year of your studies at TMU. Without scholarships, the estimated annual expense is $41,000.