Business administration, the largest academic program at Thomas More College, is housed in the Kohlhepp Business Administration Center. The business administration curriculum at TMC is based on a solid liberal arts foundation, providing students with specific professional qualifications to help define and implement their personal career plans.
Prepare yourself for success in the business world by studying modern management practices and theory; participating in internships or co-ops for on-the-job training; and learning to analyze problems, lead others, and make ethical judgments—skills needed in today’s global business environment.
Get ready to join the ranks of business professional by enrolling in the Business Administration Program. A variety of degree options—from an associate’s degree to a master’s degree—are available. Choose a traditional or an accelerated degree program (TAP), which is designed specifically with the flexibility needed by working professionals seeking business degrees. Nearly half of our accelerated graduate survey respondents from 2014-2015 report positive employment changes while in the program—new positions or promotions within current organizations or better positions with new employers.
Why choose Thomas More College for Business Administration?
- Accredited by ACBSP (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Program) above and beyond the regional accreditation from SACS-COC
- Comprehensive curriculum that combines a solid liberal arts foundation with exceptional business administration studies
- Dedicated, experienced faculty
- Over 90% have doctoral degrees
- Most have real-world business experience
- A variety of concentrations
- Management/Human Resources
- Business Law
- Operations Management
- Quantitative Analysis
- Opportunities for double majors (e.g., accounting, computer information systems), making graduates even more attractive to potential employers
- Internship opportunities, many of which lead to full-time employment after graduation
- American Financial Group
- BGD Law
- Cincinnati Specialty Underwriters
- Cincinnati Insurance
- Cove Credit Union
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Fidelity Investments
- Fifth Third Bank
- Indelac Controls
- Kentucky Speedway
- Liberty Mutual
- Proctor & Gamble
- Robert Bosch Automotive Steering LLC
- Evening and one-day-a-week classes for sophomores, juniors, and seniors, which provide the flexibility to schedule courses around work commitments
- Member of Delta Mu Delta, International Honor Society for Business
Experiential learning, which takes learning beyond the classroom, is a requirement at Thomas More College, and faculty work with Business Administration students to help them choose the right experience—an apprenticeship, an internship, a cooperative or contracted learning experience, or a service-learning project—to fulfill this requirement.
Service-learning projects are a way to complete the experiential learning requirement at the College and make a tangible contribution to the community. Past service-learning projects completed by business administration students include the following:
- Volunteering for Habitat for Humanity (http://www.habitat.org)
- Volunteering for Housing Opportunities for Northern Kentucky (HONK) http://www.honkhomes.org, a non-profit working to guide families on the path to home ownership
- Mentoring at-risk students in the public school system
- Tutoring on campus or as part of the Greater Cincinnati Literacy Networ
Broaden your business horizons by participating in international travel that incorporates business topics viewed through a global looking glass, research, and the TMC mission of examining your “place in the world” Recent trips to England, Scotland, Ireland, Nicaragua, and France, have enriched the learning experience of participating students while providing opportunities for course credit.
Department of Business Administration in the News
- Thomas More rated #1 for ROI among Kentucky colleges by Cincinnati Business Courier
- TMC MBA program: Third largest MBA program in Greater Cincinnati
- Dr. Anne Busse, Marketing, named a 2015 educator of the year by Cincy, The Magazine for Business Professionals
- TMC Business Department inducted into Delta Mu Delta (International Honor Society in Business)
- TMC students volunteer for Habitat for Humanity in Walton Beach, FL
For more information, contact:
Penny A. Braboy, DBA
Department of Business Administration
Thomas More College