Crime Prevention and Safety Tips
Although we enjoy a safe campus, no area is totally immune from crime; precautions should always be taken to protect yourself and your property.
- Do not walk alone, especially after dark. If you can't walk with a friend, call (859) 341-4867, for an escort.
- Make low-risk alcohol choices. Alcohol and other drugs adversely affect judgment and behavior and their use is frequently related to a majority of campus crimes from vandalism to sexual assaults.
- Always close and LOCK your Residence Hall room, when you are sleeping or leaving it, even if only for a few minutes. Do not prop residence hall doors or open a locked door for someone you do not know.
- LOCK your vehicle every time you park it and secure all valuables out of sight.
- Protect your identity - safeguard your credit card numbers, PIN's, social security number, address, date of birth, etc. Give this information only to persons whom you know to be authorized.
- The office of Campus Safety provide presentations to small groups on a variety of safety topics, register bicycles and engrave personal property.
- Be aware of your surroundings and of anything that appears unusual. Report suspicious conditions immediately to Campus Safety, (859) 341-4867.