Director of Bands
|To Apply:||Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com|
|Contact:||Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
Recruit, direct and oversee all aspects of the marching and pep band program at Thomas More University.
Core Competency Skills Required
1. Excellent written, oral and listening skills.
2. Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal skills.
3. Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
4. Must show evidence of ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
5. Demonstrates strong decision making skills and self-assurance.
6. Background in music, conducting and drill writing.
- Represent Thomas More University at local high schools, band competitions and other venues conducive to recruiting students for the marching band program;
- Work in close partnership with the Vice President of Enrollment Management to develop a recruitment strategy for potential band students;
- Manage all aspects of the recruitment plan for potential band students;
- Track and create monthly reports which demonstrate the current status or band recruitment;
· Develop recruitment materials to be used in the marketing of the band program.
- Establish strong partnerships and deliver consistent communications to promote a positive educational and administrative experience for the students and faculty.
- Develop strong working relationships with local band directors and the band community;
- Develop marching band program including music selection, drill and practice schedules;
- Serve as the primary advisor for all issues related to the marching and pep bands;
- Develop spirit activities, coordinate with cheerleaders, mascot and athletics to enhance the school spirit at athletic events;
- Perform at College and community events which engage the internal and external communities;
- Develop strategic plan for growth of the marching band;
- Manage budget, purchasing and licensing;
- Be responsible for upkeep and accountability for band inventory;
- Serve on College and community committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Students
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
Minimum: BA/BFA in Music, Music Performance, Music Education or Composition with at least 18 hours of Graduate level work in Music Education, Music Performance, or Conducting.
Preferred: MM/MFA in Music Education, Music Performance, or Conducting.