Enrollment Counselor for Diversity Recruitment
|To Apply:||Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact:||Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
This position serves as a member of the Enrollment Team in the department of Undergraduate Admissions. This position is responsible for recruiting students to achieve enrollment goals and to collaborate with schools and agencies to increase enrollment and diversity at Thomas More University.
Core Competency Skills Required
1. Excellent written, oral and listening skills.
2. Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal skills.
3. Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
4. Must show evidence of ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
5. Demonstrates strong decision making skills and self-assurance.
· Focus recruitment efforts for diverse populations and First Generation Learners.
· Responsible for planning, promotion and execution of collaborative efforts that focus on increasing diversity at Thomas More University.
· Develop, with the direction of the Director of Admissions & the recruitment team, annual calendar of events that focus on diversity.
· Coordinate with faculty, staff and students
· Develop a communication strategy and coordinate marketing for enrollment and diversity recruitment events.
· Be an active member of Diversity initiatives on the Thomas More campus.
· Design agendas and collaborate with staff and faculty to staff events.
· Schedule collaborative efforts with outside agencies.
· Assess outcomes and implement strategies to continuously improve diversity at Thomas More University.
· Serves as a member of the Admissions Team managing a recruitment territory to assist in achieving enrollment goals for the University.
· Implement recruitment strategies as outlined in the admissions plan in the assigned territory to include high school and/or community college visits, attends college fairs, area receptions, and events.
· Initiates, plans, and executes special projects in conjunction with the goals and objectives of the office.
· Works with students, parents and/or alumni organizations that assist with the recruitment of students.
· Provides admission presentations to visitors during campus daily tours and at on campus and off- campus events.
· Advises students and families of admission requirements, transfer guidelines, financial aid and scholarship information, Successful Transitions in Academic Readiness (STAR) program, and residence life, etc.
· Provides follow-up to students and parents via phone, letters, email, and scheduled appointments in specific recruitment territory.
· Reviews admission applications, evaluates credentials, and makes admission decisions.
· Serves as an admissions college liaison, assigned to a specific high school’s and organizations.
· Completes routine reports related to recruitment, projections, personal schedule, travel, special programs, and professional development.
· Evaluates program effectiveness, assesses outcomes, and develops improved programming to achieve goals, complete cost analyses, for programs/events.
· Adhere to University policies and procedures regarding travel and procurement.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree Required.
Experience in Recruitment, Marketing, experience working with Diverse Populations preferred.