TAP Academic Advisors
|Department:||Adult and Graduate Education|
|To Apply:||Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com|
|Contact:||Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
To serve the adult (TAP) student in various ways such as: academic advising, coordinating TAP student files, conducting new student orientations, serving as the contact and academic advisor for students enrolled at all locations (online and on-ground), including the Blue Ash Learning Center, which involves travel to the site 1-2 days per week.
Strong communication skills are required with the ability to listen and remain neutral when dealing with student issues is necessary. Advisor must be committed to customer service excellence. Computer skills are required. Position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. Candidate must be an advocate for education and Thomas More’s mission.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise online and on-ground TAP students, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Responsible for administering and creating the materials for TAP program orientations.
- Act as the liaison between students, faculty, and administration.
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to phone calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Maintain an open line of communication with the Success Coach regarding at-risk students and retention concerns.
- Evaluate student files, including transcripts and admissions documents, and complete data entry for TAP students.
- Maintain advising records, including degree plans, and program prerequisite records.
- Coordinate information given to TAP students through electronic and printed materials.
- Review study group and course evaluations.
- Coordinate mediation of study group issues with Business Department.
- Other duties as needed and/or assigned by TAP Assistant Director.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
Bachelor Degree required
Travel - less than 25% of the time (coverage of the Blue Ash Learning Center.
This position requires some evenings and weekend hours, as needed.