Administrative Assistant, Dean of Arts & Sciences
|To Apply:||Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact:||Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
To assist the Dean of Arts and Sciences with day-to-day functions of the college to ensure that the office operates effectively, efficiently, and professionally to support the University’s mission. This is a half-time position of 18-24 hours per week, reporting directly to the Dean.
Core Competency Skills Required
· Focus on details
· Possess excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Office, etc.)
· Demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines without direct supervision
· Utilize strong interpersonal skills in working with faculty, staff, students, alumni and community contact
· Maintain the highest level of confidentiality
· Assist the Dean with the day-to-day functions of the college and its program enhancements.
· Perform general administrative assistant duties, including answering telephones, greeting office visitors appropriately, sorting and distributing mail, responding to email requests, etc.
· Assist in keeping all forms.
· Create, prepare, process, post and retrieve documents/forms/spreadsheets utilizing Microsoft Office software, Canvas, and other internal systems as required.
· Order supplies and maintain all records of invoices and purchases.
· Assist in the management of due dates for various reports, projects, surveys, syllabi, etc.
· Prepare and publish instructor office schedules.
· Work with all programs as deemed necessary by Dean of Arts and Sciences.
· Maintain orderly physical and digital office filing systems.
· Maintain digital copies of common and course syllabi.
· Announce and track all class cancellations.
· Process Dean’s expenses as well as facilitate reimbursements and invoices from programs.
· Carefully monitor and track expenses versus budget for each department.
· Organize and maintain the Dean’s schedule, plan in-person meetings, arrange travel, take minutes of meetings, and send messages as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
· High school education
· Minimum of 2 years related experience
· AA or BA degree preferred
Physical and Mental Demands
· Frequently required to sit at a desk/workstation for long period of time.
· Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
· Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment.
· Light lifting and carrying of supplier, files, etc.
· Ability to speak to and hear employees/clients via phone or in person.
· Body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move around the office equipment.
· Ability to analyze data and other reports and make recommendations.
· Compare, decide, direct, problem solve, analyze, instruct and interpret.