|Department:||Institutional Research, Planning & Assessment|
|To Apply:||Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com|
|Contact:||Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
This position will focus on three primary areas to fulfill the mission of the Office of Institutional Research, Planning, and Assessment:
1. Responsibility for institutional reporting, including data analysis and deliverables
2. Develop data-driven intranet applications to increase operational efficiency based on institutional and strategic priorities
3. Support the college in data integrations and transitions as we implement new systems
· Attitude of service - Use superior technical abilities to ensure organizational success by helping others whenever possible. Strong communication skills across all departments and at all levels of usage. Continually looking for ways to help self and others be as efficient as possible. Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. A strong desire and ability to provide excellent customer service.
· Professionalism - Passion for professional operation, process efficiency improvements and documentation. Keeping up with industry best practices and implementing them wherever possible. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. Protects organization's value by keeping internal information confidential.
· Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
· Ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms to management, colleagues, and end users
· Analytical problem solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
· Ability to record, verify, and report data with a very high degree of accuracy
· Self-motivated with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks without direct supervision
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
· Design and customize reports and data visualizations
· Standardize and systemize routine reports, dashboards, and metrics for delivery and provide application support
· Serve on Internal User Group Committee as power user and business analyst for institutional data
· Enhance/improve and document existing processes, develop and document new processes
· Assist the various administrative offices on campus including Admissions, Financial Aid, Business Office, Human Resources, Registrar, Institutional Advancement, Academics with reporting and systems
· Architect small to medium sized projects (integrations, imports, exports, report development, etc.)
- Database maintenance and data cleanup
- Assistance with complex queries, joins, views, extracts, integrations, etc.
- Develop, manage, and maintain data integrations between institutional systems
- Develop, manage, and maintain data driven intranet applications using web programming best practices
- Assist with assessment efforts, including coordination, data entry, and reports
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or similar degree in an equivalent program of study combined with relevant work experience.
- Experience with common reporting tools is required (such as Cognos, Crystal Reports, MS SSRS, Tableau, etc.)
- A background in Information Systems, Programming, Database Administration, or Business Intelligence/Analytics
- Relational database experience is required. Knowledge of Informix and/or MS SQL Server is a plus, but experience with other RDMS’s (Oracle, DB2, MySQL, etc.) will also be considered.
- Experience writing and supporting complex SQL statements using multiple joins and adhering to business rules and requirements
- Prefer higher education experience