International Admissions Coordinator
|To Apply:||Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact:||Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
The International Admissions Coordinator reports to the Director of Admission and will be responsible for supporting the recruitment and retention of international students. This position will also advise international students on maintaining lawful status, resolving status violation, and advising prospective students and their families about the student visa process.
Core Competency Skills Required
· Passionate about helping international students
· Solid understanding of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and Department of State (DOS) regulations and requirements as applied to international students, primarily F-1/F-2 visa holders
· Ability to comprehend, analyze, and apply immigration regulations, including the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
· Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
· Superior communication skills to effectively and professionally communicate using tact and diplomacy with internal and external campus community including international visitors
· Proficient in planning, organizing and delivering a wide variety of student events
· Strong individual accountability, organizational skills and attention to detail
· Outgoing personality, friendly and professional interpersonal skills
· Detail oriented, self-directed, and possess the ability to handle multiple assignments in a professional and efficient manner
· Proven record of excellent customer service skills
· Review and determine eligibility of prospective students; grant admission and issue immigration documents necessary to maintain the F-1 student visa.
· Advise international students and their dependents and help them maintain lawful immigration status through continuous education on immigration regulations, policies and procedures
· Develop written instructions for students to apply for federal benefits, such as work permit or change of visa status
· Record and maintain SEVIS CPT and OPT records including I-765 form process (EAD card authorization).
· Monitor academic progress of international students and report this information to DHS on a regular basis, using the SEVIS web-based tracking system.
· Collaborate with other DSO’s to ensure consistent protocol regarding policies and procedures
· Manage confidential paper and electronic files in accordance with university, FERPA, USCIS, DHS, and DOS regulations
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
· Bachelor's degree and at least two (2) years’ work experience. Candidates must have higher education admissions experience that includes international admissions, recruitment, foreign credential evaluation, or other related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
· Familiarity with international secondary and post-secondary education systems
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrated computer skills to include word processing and database software programs
· Demonstrated ability to work in a student information system
· *Proficiency in foreign language(s). Preferred, not required.