Women's Lacrosse Head Coach
|To Apply:||Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact:||Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
The Head Coach for the Women’s Lacrosse Program is responsible for management of all facets of the women’s Lacrosse program including, but not limited to: coaching/teaching, recruiting, budget management, administration, scheduling of competitions, team travel, weekly practice sessions, hiring and supervision of assistant coaches/interns, community service, student development, and compliance with NCAA, conference and college rules and regulations.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills to work with various college constituencies.
- The ability to work a flexible and irregular schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Works well as a team member or independently.
- Excels in prioritizing multiple tasks with attention to detail, problem solving and follow-through to consistently meet expectations and deadlines.
- Strong management skills and mentoring ability for interns and assistants.
Principle Duties & Activities
- Develop a program of athlete recruitment commensurate with the aims and goals of Thomas More College and appropriate for a member of the NCAA, Division III.
- Plan and coordinate practice and game plans for intercollegiate competition.
- Determine policies and procedures for team selection and athlete participation.
- Make recommendations about game schedules and budget for the team.
- Track the academic progress of the women’s lacrosse student-athletes and provide appropriate advice and assistance to help insure the successful completion of each players stated program of study.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising program to raise funds necessary to offset expenses associated for non-budgeted expenses and spring training trips.
- Organize community service projects for the women’s lacrosse team players to complete per the mission of the NCAA and the Thomas More College Athletic Department.
- Evaluate game officials as required.
- A thorough understanding of the rules and regulations governing women’s lacrosse competition at the collegiate level and adhere to the rules and standards established by Thomas More College, and the NCAA (Division III).
- Participate in Athletic Department staff meetings, functions and other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s preferred.
· Experience in coaching intercollegiate women’s lacrosse desired.
· Computer literacy required.