Director of Student Engagement & Leadership Development
|To Apply:||Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact:||Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
This position is responsible for engaging students in programs and organizations that increase campus vibrancy and enhance community at Thomas More College. Essential skills include attention to detail, high energy and willingness to accept responsibility over a wide range of programs.
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent written, oral, and listening skills
Commitment to the department and institution
Problem solving skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities and gain cooperation of others
Ability to manage multiple schedules
Ability to pay high attention to detail
Must have a flow-to-the-work mentality
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
· Develop, direct, and evaluate innovative co-curricular student programs and services which enhance student involvement, support student learning, and facilitate personal and professional development.
· Supervise the Coordinator of Student Engagement
· Co-Advise the Student Activities Board, along with the Coordinator of Student Engagement
· Develop and Implement a comprehensive assessment strategy for all student programs and services
· Supervise, train and coordinate schedules of the student employees.
· Work closely with the Enrollment Management and Student Affairs departments to coordinate Orientation & Registration day components, including promotional pieces for the department.
· Plan and manage the Week of Welcome (WOW) programs for the fall, incoming first-year student class
· Develop leadership programs to advance skill development in the areas of citizenship, communication skills, personal motivation, college transition, leadership, cultural competence & humility…etc.
- Assist in the coordination, development, and implementation of various departmental and college wide events including but not limited to Graduates Banquet, Graduation, Leadership Awards Banquet, Orientation, Move-in Day, Welcome Weekend, and Homecoming.
- Manage content for Student Affairs website, social media, and various marketing initiatives including the weekly Saintsletter, Stall Wall calendars, and MyTMC calendar.
- Oversee the Thomas More College posting policy, reviewing and approving requests for flyers & posters.
- Serving as budget manager for the cost-centers related to Student Activities as well as Clubs & Orgs.
- Perform other related duties that assist in advancing the mission, vision, values, and goals of the office and the Department of Student Affairs.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
Master’s Degree required in College Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, or a related field
1-2 Experience in Student Affairs or higher education preferred.
Excellent oral and written communications skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build partnerships across divisional lines; ability to work effectively and ethically across cultural differences. Experience in program planning and development. Understanding of College policies and procedures, manage multiple tasks and problem solver. Motivate and support students, members and leaders of student organizations, and staff in the development of programs and activities.
Employ evidence-based best practices to implement and evaluate programs and services, maintain effectiveness, including cultural, intellectual, social, judicial, residential and recreational events that contribute to the learning and development of students.