|To Apply:||Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact:||Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
Represents the College’s interest in construction projects. Serves as the responsibility person when coordinating with outside contractors, developers, vendors and governmental entities. The construction manager ensures projects are done correctly, on time, and on budget. The positions reports to the VP for Finance and Operations and coordinates with the Facility Director.
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Excellent time and project management skills
Principal Duties & Activities
· Overseeing and directing construction projects from conception to completion.
· Reviewing the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate cost.
· Overseeing all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
· Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion.
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors.
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory.
- Meet contractual conditions of performance.
- Review the work progress on daily basis.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses.
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
Mathematical skills and mechanical knowledge
A bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
A minimum of five years of project management experience
Experience in an educational setting preferred