The Math & Physics Tutoring Center offers free math, physics, and statistics tutoring to all Thomas More University students. Tutoring begins on the second week of each semester. There are two types of tutoring available: walk-in tutoring, and scheduled one-on-one tutoring.
Walk-in math tutoring is available every weekday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in Room S 224. There is no need to schedule an appointment to come to walk-in tutoring. Due to social distancing guidelines, the room can accommodate only six students at a time. If you show up to walk-in tutoring and there are already six students in the room, you will be asked to leave and return later. Please bring your textbook, class materials, and laptop with you to the tutoring room, and wear a mask at all times.
Scheduled One-on-One Tutoring:
One-on-one tutoring appointments must be scheduled in advance HERE. Before you are able to schedule an appointment, you must first register for an account using your official Thomas More email address. You will need your username and password each time you log in to schedule an appointment.
After you’ve created your account, follow the steps below to schedule a one-on-one tutoring session:
- Go to mywconline.com and enter your username and password to log in. Before you click the “Log In” button, select “Mathematics Tutoring” from the list.
- This will take you to the page where you can see the math tutoring schedule. Click on an available time slot that works for you.
- Time blocks that are white are still available.
- Time blocks filled in with color have already been reserved and are no longer available, but you can choose to be added to the waitlist, which will notify you by email if your chosen time slot becomes available.
- A new window will pop up (you might have to disable pop-up blockers).
- In the new window, you can adjust the length of the tutoring session. The session can be any length between 15 minutes and 60 minutes.
- Some tutors will have face-to face appointments and online appointments available. Some tutors will only have online appointments available. Select the option you prefer.
- Enter the name of your course, your professor’s name, a short description of the material you would like help with, and select your course code from the drop down menu.
- You and the tutor will both receive an email notification about the appointment. Please read the entire email. It contains instructions for attending the session.
Questions or Concerns:
If you have questions or concerns regarding math and physics tutoring, you may email Joe Christensen or call him at 859-344-3368.