Alternative Format Materials Policy and Procedure
Disability Services is committed to providing required course material in alternate formats to those who have a documented need for it in order to access the courses in which they are enrolled. Commonly used alternate formats include but are not limited audio recordings, e-text, and Braille. Disability Services has the right to select the process for acquiring and delivering alternative format materials.
To facilitate timely delivery of your converted materials please make your requests as early as possible, but at least 3 weeks in advance of when you will need the materials.
After registering for classes, you will need to complete the Alternative Format Request Form.
You will need to provide the following:
- Class information (course code, section, instructor name)
- Book information (book title, edition, author, ISBN #)
- Textbook rental receipt; see mytmc.thomasmore.edu to access the information on your ordered text
- Contact professor to request course material be delivered in the appropriate format. Also request the order of text material to be covered.
- Once received, review your alternative text for any problems. If you do come across any issues, notify Disability Services immediately so they can resolve the issue.
*** Textbooks require three weeks and other materials require up to three days. REQUEST EARLY!!!
333 Thomas More Way
Crestview Hills, KY 41017
859-344-3609 - fax