The Institute for Learning Differences offers a comprehensive program designed to support students with documented learning differences on their journey to achieve a college education. One of the highlights of the institute is the individualized attention students receive, especially first-year students. Students’ learning plans include professional tutors for each subject they are enrolled in, a strategic learning specialist who promotes executive functioning development and coordinates services for students, and access to assistive technologies. Being in the small liberal arts university environment Thomas More provides a caring supportive community focusing on student development and success which allows them to thrive as they work to reach their full academic potential.
While the program is designed for students who have a primary diagnosis of ADHD, language-based learning disability, or ASD yet have otherwise normal intellectual ability it may serve other qualified students.
Services may include:
- Strategic Learning Specialist Support
- Individualized Learning Plan
- Executive Function Skills Development
- Academic Support Services/Professional Tutoring
- Social Skills Development
- Self-Advocacy Coaching
- Educational Assistive Technology
- Life Skills Development
- Learning Communities
- Academic Monitoring/Early Intervention System
*Services are fee-based and contingent upon enrollment into the program. Accommodation with the compliance of section 504 of the Rehabilitation act are offered to all qualified students at no additional charge.
Institute for Learning Differences
Thomas More University
333 Thomas More Parkway
Crestview Hills, KY 41017
* Accommodations in compliance with section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 are offered to the student at no charge. Please see disability services or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.