The Institute for Learning Differences (ILD) is designed for students with a diagnosed learning difference who have at least average intellectual learning abilities. This fee-based program provides best practices and researched-based approaches to best support those students striving for college success. To ensure our team is fully prepared to best serve the students in the program, the applications are carefully evaluated to identify whose needs best match the services offered by the ILD. All applicants must submit supporting documents as well as an application for admissions to Thomas More University.
- Application to the Institute for Learning Difference (DOC / PDF)
- Copies of Psychoeducational Testing, ETR or MFE – including diagnosis
- School History Form (DOC / PDF)
- Handwritten Essay
- $30 non-refundable application fee
- Application to Thomas More – must be completed to be considered for participation in the ILD
- ILD interview – Call to schedule
- FERPA form – upon acceptance; optional
In compliance with section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Thomas More provides reasonable academic accommodations to meet the needs of eligible individuals at no charge. Thomas More University is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, age, or national origin in the admission to, or participation in, any educational program or activity which it conducts, or in any employment policy or practice.
*Accommodations in compliance with section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 are offered to the student at no charge. Please see the Office of Student Accessibility or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.