Policies and Procedures Related to Online Courses
- Students register for online courses just as they would for any other Thomas More College courses, with the Registration Form during the appropriate dates indicated in the Academic Calendar.
- Students wishing to drop online courses will need to follow the same procedures as any other Thomas More College course with the Add/Drop form. Withdrawal and refund dates are determined by the Academic Regulations and Tuition Refund Policy. Courses lasting less than 16 weeks are on the Alternate Calendar Schedule. Please check with the Registrar's Office for the appropriate dates and full policies.
- Just as in a face-to-face course, attending online courses is important. Consistent with Thomas More College's Attendance Policy, excessive absence from class shall constitute sufficient grounds for dismissal from the class affected or such other lesser academic penalty, as the faculty member may judge appropriately. Each faculty member is competent to determine what is permitted in a particular course and this policy shall be indicated in the course syllabus. A student who is reported to the Office of the Registrar as having been excessively absent from class will receive a notice from the Registrar's Office that the professor has dropped the student from his or her course. Students who are dropped from a course for excessive absences are assigned a grade of WF for the course. Please see the Attendance Policy in the College Catalog for the full policy.
- Students are required to submit an assignment to the instructor within the first seven days of an online class. If this assignment is not submitted, the student is considered a no-show and will be administratively dropped from the course.
- Attendance is tracked for online courses based on the dates the student accesses the online content. Should a last date of attendance need to be calculated for Financial Aid, refund, or other purposes, Thomas More College will use the last date of online access.
- Failure to attend class is not sufficient notice to the College for withdrawal. Tuition will be charged for the course and the instructor may assign a punitive grade of Y (unofficial withdrawal).
- Thomas More College's snow policy and cancelations do not apply to online courses.
Accessing Course Content:
- All students enrolled in online courses must have active Thomas More College issued email and network accounts. New students obtain access by visiting the Computer Center Help Desk (859-344-3646). Email forwarding is available for students to set up in their email accounts. Please contact the Computer Center Help Desk at 859-344-3646 with any questions or issues.
- Course content will be delivered by instructors through MyTMC.