Admission Requirements for M.Ed.
To be considered for admission, in-service teachers interested in applying to the program must hold a current teacher certification and at present be employed within a school district for at least one year. Those who are not currently in-service teachers may also apply, but preference is for those who work within the field of education.
Interested candidates should begin the online application process or request a paper based application.
Interested applicants need to have an undergraduate GPA of 2.7 or higher or a GRE score of 308.
To complete the application process, candidates must provide:
- General background information
- Current resume
- Writing sample: An uploadable version of your writing sample answering one of the following questions (1000-1200 words click topic to view rubric)
- Three references and contact information
- Sign the Kentucky Professional Code of Ethics form
- Dispositions Assessment
- Sign the Kentucky Professional Code of Ethics form (fax 859-578-3589 or scan)
Selected applicants will be contacted for an on-campus interview with the M.Ed. Committee.
Tuition for the M.Ed. program is $460 per credit hour. The rate can adjust with changes to cohort enrollment.
Application for Federal assistance begins with completion of the FAFSA, Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Applications are available online at fafsa.ed.gov. The TMC school code is 002001.
For further information, contact the Office of Financial Aid at: Financial-Aid@thomasmore.edu or 859.344.3332.