Praxis II Information
Provides information regarding:
- Online Registration
- Download a Praxis Bulletin
- Registration Code Lists
- Tests at a Glance (TAAG)
- Test Preparation
- Complete Test Directory
Fees and Duration (as found on www.ets.org)
Registration Fee: $50
Praxis II: Principles of Learning and Teaching: $139 (2 hours)
Praxis II: Subject Assessments: $115 - $130 (1-2 hours)
Required for KY Certification
|Art (P-12)||Art: Content Knowledge #0135 (161)
Note: Test takers are required to bring four color photographs or still reproductions of their own artwork. For more detailed information about this requirement, see TAAG requirements.
|Business and Marketing (5-12)||Business Education #0101 (154)|
|Middle Grades - English, Math, Science, Social Studies (5-9)||English #0049 or #5049 (158)
Math #0069 (148)
Science #0439 (144)
Social Studies #0089 or #5089 (149)
|Biology (8-12)||Biology: Content Knowledge #0235 (146)|
|Chemistry (8-12)||Chemistry: Content Knowledge #0245 (147)|
|English (8-12)||English Language, Literature, and Composition: Content and Analysis #0044 (166)|
|Speech/Communication (8-12)||Speech Communication Content Knowledge #0221 (146)|
|Mathematics (8-12)||Mathematics: Content Knowledge #0061 (125)
Mathematics Proofs, Models, and Problems, Part I #0063 (141)
|Physics (8-12)||Physics: Content Knowledge #0265 (133)|
|Social Studies (8-12)||Socials Studies: Content and Interpretation #0086 (153)|
|Spanish (P-12)||Spanish World Language #5195 (168)|
|Theatre (P-12)||Theatre #0641 (162)|
All students are required to pass the Principles of Learning and Teaching Exam for their grade level before completing their final course in the MAT Program.
- Principles of Learning and Teaching, Gr. K-6 #0622 (160)
- Principles of Learning and Teaching, Gr. 5-9, #0623 (160)
- Principles of Learning and Teaching, Gr. 7-12, #0624 (160)
2011-2012 Praxis II ® Paper-based Test Dates and Deadlines
|Test Date1||Registration Deadlines2||Scores3, 4|
|Regular||Late||Emergency||Outside U.S.||Monday Testing||Multiple Choice||Constructed Response|
- Not all test centers are open on all test dates.
- Accommodations for test takers whose primary language is not English are only offered on 9/17/11, 1/14/12, 4/28/12 and 6/9/12.
- Late Registration fee: $45.
- Emergency Registration deadline fee: $75.
- Emergency Registration is only available with online registration.
- Outside U.S. deadlines also apply to test takers in U.S. Territories (except U.S. Virgin Islands, which adheres to regular registration deadlines).
- Test takers will access their scores online. Login to your Praxis Profile to view your score report.
- Test takers can get test scores early by utilizing the Scores by Phone service for an additional $30 fee.