Coordinator of Academic Support Services
|To Apply:||Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com|
|Contact:||Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
This full-time position provides programmatic and administrative coordination for academic support, tutoring services, disability services, peer mentoring, and other non-traditional services including TAP.
- Comfortable working in both a group and individual setting
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
Principle Duties & Activities
- Compile, maintain and manage data reflecting progress, trends, use of services and appropriate recommendations for future programs and initiatives.
- Coordinate and track production of alternate format materials.
- Communicate with faculty to ensure timely receipt of syllabi for students with accommodations requiring advance preparation.
- Design, schedule, and conduct workshops e.g. preparing academic papers, taking college exams, time management, and study skills.
- Advise faculty regarding reasonable accommodations for exams; manage the administration of all exams with accommodations.
- Promote student awareness of pertinent events within and outside the college via email and print communications, and prepare informational documentation as needed.
- Collaborate across campus to provide in-service training and awareness activities to the college community on topics such as services available, learning strategies, disabilities, disability laws, access in the classroom, etc.
- Advising and academic planning for students with disabilities.
- Participate in staff meetings, professional meetings and professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-2 years of experience working with individuals with disabilities is preferred.
- Experience reviewing and interpreting medical, psychiatric, and psychological documentation, and providing appropriate accommodations.
- Thorough understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Fair Housing Act as it pertains to postsecondary education.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Preferred knowledge of adaptive software (i.e. JAWS, Zoom Text, Read and Write Gold, Kurzweil, etc.).
To Apply: Email resume, cover letter, and complete contact information for five (5) references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Director of Human Resources, Thomas More College, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017.