Senior Care Innovation Scholarship
Deadline: April 15, 2015
- The annual scholarship award is for (5) students enrolled in an associates's degree, bachelor's degree or graduate level program in a medical, nursing or social sciences related major. The student must intend on pursuing a career that involves working with senior citizens. The applicant must be attending classes at an accredited college or university at the time of the spring deadline
- Applicants must complete a letter of introduction and an essay that is between 500 and 900 words on a selected topic and sign the Scholarship Award Agreement
- Scholarship will be awarded to five students who write the most compelling essay in each of five categories as judged by an outside panel of senior living professionals
How To Apply:
The Administration on Aging estimates that by 2050, nearly a quarter of Americans will be age 65 or older, this includes the remaining Baby Boomers, all of Generation X and the older members of Generation Y. By 2025, the number of people 65 and older with Alzheimer's disease is expected to reach 7.1 million. Care for the influx of senior citizens is of critical importance. What advances in senior care need to occur in order to care for our aging population? What contributions will you make towards solving this dilemma?
Please choose ONE of the following five subtopics:
1. Technological innovations such as those that help monitor and track locations of people with Alzheimer's.
2. What innovations do you see happening around the care and research into Alzheimer's and memory care? (Please note that we are not looking for a description of Alzheimer's or statistics about the disease).
3. Mental health, psychology or sociological innovations to improve the quality of life for seniors or ways in which our society can reduce the stigma around dementia, aging and senior living.
4. Medical or medical research innovations, which includes nursing.
5. Other care innovations, which include advances in physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, pharmacy or recreational therapy.
For more information, visit http://www.aplaceformom.com/scholarship
Scholarship amount is $1,000