Sample Interview Questions
Questions Employers May Ask
- Why do you want to work here?
- Why do you want to work in this professional field?
- What are your professional goals?
- Describe a situation when you were a team player.
- What does success mean to you?
- Tell me about your greatest achievement in life.
- Describe a time when you were motivated to accomplish a difficult task.
- Talk about a time that you took a leadership role.
- What did you like best/least about your last position?
- What happened the last time you made a suggestion to management?
- Would you have any weaknesses if you worked in this position?
- Would you be willing to work in other parts of the country? At night? Overtime?
- Is there anything else about you that I should know?
Questions to Ask Potential Employers
- What are your expectations for new hires?
- Could you describe a typical first-year assignment?
- Tell me about initial and future training programs.
- What are some of the typical career paths followed by others who have been in this position?
- How would you evaluate me as an employee?
- Why is this position open?
- What are the company's plans for future growth?
- Tell me about my prospective supervisor.
- What problems do you hope to have solved by the person you hire for this job?
- What are your company's strengths and weaknesses?
- Why did you join and stay with the company?