REQUIREMENTS FOR BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BIOCHEMISTRY
- Chemistry (36 hours): CHE 111/111L, 113/113L, 220/220L, 240/240L, 301, 304, 313/313L, 330/330L, 340/340L, 385, 411/412.
- Biology (12 hours): BIO 101/101L, 206/206L*, 341/341L*
- Physics (10 hours): PHY 141/141L and 142/142L.
- Mathematics (8 hours): MAT 151 and 152.
- The computer literacy requirement is fulfilled through the successful completion of all Chemistry, Biology, and Physics coursework.
- No Biochemistry major may graduate with more than one “D” in a required CHE or BIO course.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MINOR IN BIOCHEMISTRY
- Chemistry (23 hours): CHE 111/111L, 113/113L, 220/220L, 240/240L, 330, 340; CHE 330L, 340L, or 370
- Mathematics (6 hours): MAT electives at 143 level or higher
- Elective (6 hours): 6 hours of Biology, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Information Systems electives approved by Chemistry chair
- A student seeking a minor in Biochemistry must earn a C or above in all Chemistry courses