Thomas More College accepts adult learners to the TAP undergraduate programs on the basis of their qualifications. Decisions for admission are based on previous academic records, appropriate work experience and potential in a college setting. Students may be accepted at two specific entry points:
0 to 47 Transferable Semester Hours Students with no previous college up to the completion of 47 transferable hours may enter the Associates of Elected Studies in Management curriculum. This curriculum is presented in cohort-based format with classes meeting one night per week from 6 to 10 p.m. with a weekly study group commitment. Students may complete up to 32 hours in the TAP associates curriculum and complement their schedule with accelerated coursework through the Center for Adult and Professional Education.
48+ Transferable Semester Hours Students who have completed at least 48 semester hours may enter the bachelor-completion program. Students transitioning into the online Communications sequence will enroll in a series of 6-week courses that are offered in a sequential order. All students are required to schedule an advising session. Individualized advising allows students to customize their graduation plan, allowing for program completion in as little as 24 months, depending on previous college experience.
Application and Evaluation Process
- A completed TAP application.
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges or universities attended and from all institutions of higher learning. This includes documentation pertaining to CLEP or DANTES examinations, and military transcripts. Business-related training as verified by the American Council on Education (ACE) may be accepted if Thomas More College minimum scores are met. Individuals are expected to be in good academic standing with all institutions. Credentials submitted for admission become the property of Thomas More College.
- Proof of high school graduation (required only of students with little or no prior college experience).
- Must be out of high school for five years for entry to the TAP-COM program.
- An overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better in previous college work. Only grades of â€œCâ€� or above will transfer to Thomas More College.
- International students should refer to the international student guidelines for specific information regarding TOEFL and other admission requirements.